This wonderful kitchen by Kreofsky Builders of Rochester MN was designed with a mitered door style in a painted finish with a Hazelnut Glaze. It’s full of good ideas and great kitchen inspiration. Let’s look at ten things that caught my eye:
- Arched opening-Arches go in and out of vogue but the arch here just feels right in this space and it frames the entrance to the kitchen beautifully
- 2. Coffered ceiling- The traditional ceiling framed to give the effect of sunken panels adds a look of old-world class to the room
- Light fixtures- The trio of spherical textured lights add a touch of the exotic
- Island- This island is generously large and makes the perfect work triangle with the cooktop situated nicely between the sink and refrigerator. I also love the Base Turned Legs supporting the snack area that gives a furniture look to the whole work area
- Decorator doors- Note the decorator doors on the back of the island and area that is often overlooked. Here, it’s the perfect welcome to the kitchen
- Counter stools- The woven texture contrasts nicely with the polished stone countertops and tile backsplashes
- Flooring- The rustic look of the varying shades of wood in the flooring is great with the smooth painted cabinetry
- Columns- The sink is a special space in its own right. First, it’s pulled out to give it an interesting profile and even more space behind the faucets. Then, Full Turned Posts are used to flank the sink base for just the right touch of embellishment
- Dishwashers-Two! (everyone’s dream): one full size and one two drawer unit give the ultimate flexibility to the clean-up process. They are perfect for lunch dishes for two or there’s plenty of space to handle the dishes after that big Sunday family dinner
- 10. Beautiful view out the window- Sometimes nature provides just the right touch. Of course, the well planned windows make that all possible.
The owners of this Minnesota home wanted a more functional kitchen for family and guests and they certainly got just that.