Every bathroom deserves a touch of luxury and convenience. Why? It’s where we start and end out day. And to some it is a place of retreat away from the hectic day-to-day workload and family obligations. Small or large upgrades during the planning process can make all the difference in the world. Here are some luxurious ideas to incorporate into the dream bath:
- Heated anything: from heated floors to towel warmers. The latest addition to the heated options is the full body dryer. These fascinating new devices actually dry the body while still in the shower. I have wondered if they might be a great idea for people with physical limitations. While I was not able to obtain a photo for the blog, here is a link to a sites that will help you see what one looks like.
- Add special storage features to the vanity. Here is a built-in wastebasket…so much better than one rattling around in the corner of the bathroom.
- Add decorative items such as furniture feet to a traditional vanity. Giving it a furniture look is easy to do.
4. Add a seat to the shower. Add steam if it would be something of frequent use but even without the steam feature, having a seat in a shower makes a much more useable space. They can be used for shaving legs, a place to sit down when feeling ill or a perfect place for an older person to sit while showering with a hand-held shower head.
5. Upgrade the basins and faucets. Get a classy mirror or add a wall-high tile backsplash to give a room a spectacular look. One of the easiest upgrades might be really spectacular lighting as these hanging cylinder lights.
6. Upgrade the countertops. No matter the preference, the flat surface of the vanity is often the first thing seen when entering the room. Check out the 3” thick custom concrete countertop with integral basin shown here.
Most bathrooms (and budgets) won’t hold all of these upgrades but pick a few and enhance every bathroom.