Dining Room Built-ins Dressed Up for the Holidays
Most of you know that I love built-ins used around the home to add style and storage. This dining room is one of my all-time favorites because the cabinets look like they are original to this Victorian home. Some of the secrets to designing a built-in with a period feel are:
- The layered top molding is more than 7 ½” tall and has enough detail to be appropriate for an older home.
- Waypoint’s Fincastle Glass in all the wall cabinets has real zinc caming and an intricate and elegant pattern.
- The stacked wall cabinets add a charming look for the period home.
- Crema Marfil marble is used as countertop for the cabinets adding an old-fashioned look.
- A furniture toe kick completes the look.
I love that we were able to share this beautiful built-in with a holiday party look because it gives me the opportunity to wish all my readers the very best of the holiday season.