Ten Interesting things About This Before and After Kitchen
Before and After kitchens always interest me because they show the possibility in every kitchen. No matter how grim. The owners of this Pennsylvania home had waited a long time to remodel their outdated kitchen and PRO-Builders of York LLC did a masterful job of making their dreams come true. Here are some things I found interesting about the project:
- The soffits were removed and wall cabinets taken up to the ceiling for more storage
and ab up-to date look
- The cooktop/wall oven combination changed to a 30” range. In the BEFORE photo you can see that there is no counter space to the left of the cooktop and it’s way too close to the wood of the oven cabinet. Dangerous and inconvenient
- The area around the window opened up by eliminating the valance and soffit
- Wide slat blinds and a red hanging pendant change the look completely.
- The kitchen ceiling fan (always a dust collector) was removed and recessed lighting added
- The change from outdated, somewhat elderly cabinets to sleek style 730S cabinets in Maple Espresso is probably the most dramatic change to this room
- Changing the flooring from vinyl to hardwood brings the look into the 21st century
- The appliances were all upgraded to stainless steel.
- The island adds extra work surface, storage and…
- The bi-level island allows a place to include outlets and an attached eating area for four.
You have to love it when a plan really comes together. I’m sure the homeowners are thrilled with their new kitchen.