As we head into this festive season, soon to be surrounded by family and friends, the ultimate goal is less stress. This year, if you’re hosting overnight guests, you’re in luck. Entertaining goes beyond a clean guestroom. We’ve put together a list of simple, room-by-room steps to ensure your guests’ feet never touch the ground.
Let the fragrance of freshly cut flowers greet your guests.
Set the tone with a welcoming bouquet of blooms and watch your guests’ stress melt away.
A restful reprieve is welcoming.
Upon arrival, guests want to unpack and unwind. Create a sumptuous retreat in the guest room.
1. Add a bench, luggage rack or armoire for their belongings. Immediately they’ll feel right at home.
2. Provide plenty of extra bedding (pillows and blankets) for guests to create their own version of cozy comfort.
3. A bedside table, complete with an alarm clock and nightlight, gives guests a place for everything from glasses to books.
4. A cozy accent chairgives guests a place to kick back and relax, alone. It’s a quiet place to get into a good book or check their laptop in peace.
5. Go the extra mile, provide fresh flowers, power strips for electronics, bottled water, empty dresser drawers and additional hangers.
Create a serene space.
Elevate the guest bath to spa-like setting with all the essential elements.
1. Provide plenty of plush guest towels.
2. Display a welcome basket filled with luxurious trial size toiletries. Don’t forget a toothbrush.
3. Promote complete tranquility with lightly scented candles and bath salts.
Stock up to serve yourself.
Encourage guests to make themselves at home in the kitchen.
1. For happy not “hangry” guests, display a wide variety of delicious snacks for everyone to enjoy at their leisure.
2. Let no one go thirsty with a designated bar space, away from the busy cooking area. Stocked will all the supplies needed for guests to serve themselves, outfit the space to serve everything from coffee to bourbon and anything in between. Stylish open shelving makes grabbing essential dishware a breeze.
Kick your heels up and entertain with ease.
Give guests a variety of reasons to gather in your TV room.
1. Offer an array of books and magazines for all to enjoy.
2. Provide a list of your home Wi-fi info, including passwords, on the coffee table.
3. Display TV remotes for all to see.
4. Make movies even sweeter with glass jars filled with candy.
5. Promote cuddling on the sofa with baskets of throw blankets.
Want to make entertaining guests easier? Waypoint® organizational solutions keep your living spaces well stocked and looking their uncluttered best.
Follow Waypoint. Stay informed on the latest products and current design trends. #waypointlivingspaces
Meet The Designer
As lead Kitchen and Bath Designer for Waypoint Living Spaces®, my goal is to become a partner and support you in the creation of beautiful living spaces. As a busy mother of two, I have a true understanding and appreciation for a well-designed, functional space. That's why I'm here - to deliver expert support and content that makes your job easier. Together, let's achieve exactly what you have in mind!
Jennifer LeMarr, CKBD
Certified Kitchen and Bath Designer