6 COSTLY REMODEL MISTAKES
The decision to remodel your kitchen is exciting and, if done correctly, can improve your quality of life and increase the value of your home. Before you waste valuable time and money, here are six costly remodel mistakes to avoid!
1. Selecting appliances after you start your remodel. To ensure a proper fit for all of your appliances (ovens, sinks, microwaves, cooktops, refrigerators, etc.), make sure you have all the correct specs before you order the cabinets.
2. Expecting the remodel to go perfectly. Expect the unexpected and roll with it as problems arise. A few extra days of work will be worth it in the end.
3. Remodeling without a professional. Just because you watched the YouTube video doesn’t mean you are qualified to be a kitchen designer. Working with a professional prevents an abundance of remodeling errors.
4. Starting the remodel without a budget. Before you embark on a remodel, determine your budget. Discuss what you are willing to spend with your designer so they can help you make the most of your budget and stay on track.
5. Skimping on lighting. Cooking or entertaining in the dark is a recipe for disaster! Review your kitchen design carefully to determine the best lighting options for your lifestyle and budget.
6. Failing to have ample counter space. Determine the amount of counter space you will need to prep meals, entertain guests, unload groceries, etc. because making this change later is difficult and costly.
Ready to remodel? Consider the possibilities by contacting a Waypoint Living Spaces® dealer/designer near you today.
What’s your style? Take this quick and easy style quiz and find out!
Follow Waypoint®. Stay informed on the latest products and current design trends.