Dreaming of a new kitchen? A place to cook, gather, think plus make your colleagues jealous on a Zoom meeting? When it comes to making remodel dreams come true, designing a swoon-worthy kitchen is the ultimate goal and design details make all the difference. Here are seven design secrets to create an incredibly enviable space.
1. An airy, monochromatic palette: Drenched in light, this crisp palette was designed with 570 Painted Harbor cabinets to create a lively sense of spaciousness.
2. Lots and lots of light: Multiple layers of light (natural, recessed, pendants and a chandelier) visually expand the space to achieve an airy feel.
3. A dreamy island: An expansive island extends the counter space and adds serious storage. This island dream has a multitude of drawers and cabinets to ensure every kitchen gadget and cooking utensil has a home.
4. Lasting organic materials: Using eco-friendly materials like a slate floor and marble backsplash naturally add unique character.
5. Architectural style: Creating dramatic depth and elegant style, our new 570 door style, decorative end panels, shiplap and xxx on the ceiling are a winning combination.
6. Plenty of open shelving: Functional and fabulous, incorporating plenty of open shelving provides additional storage and a designated place to show off your curated collections.
7. Timeless mix of metals: Multiple layers of mixed metals create a worldly vibe that is far less likely to be ready for an update any time soon.
Inspired to create your own unique space? A Waypoint designer can help you translate all the things you love into a space that’s all you!
As lead Kitchen and Bath Designer for Waypoint Living Spaces®, my goal is to become a partner and support you in the creation of beautiful living spaces. As a busy mother of two, I have a true understanding and appreciation for a well-designed, functional space. That's why I'm here - to deliver expert support and content that makes your job easier. Together, let's achieve exactly what you have in mind!
Jennifer LeMarr, CKBD
Certified Kitchen and Bath Designer